Saturday, July 11, 2009

An observation on how God works


"'Strike the Shepherd that the sheep may be scattered; And I will turn My hand against the little ones. It will come about in all the land,' Declares the Lord, ' That two parts in it will be cut off and perish; But the third will be left in it. And I will bring the third part through the fire, Refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them;' I will say, 'They are My people.' And they will say, 'The Lord is my God." - Zechariah 13:8-9

The "third part" in these verses are Christians - "They are My people," says the Lord. And they say, "The Lord is my God."

God brings them through hardship/suffering - "I will bring the third part (Christians) through the fire..."

Why? So, Christians will call upon the name of the Lord.

"God puts us in the fire to awaken earnest prayer." - John Piper

This verse has been beyond resourceful in many situations. Hope it's just as encouraging to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is great!!!! Thanks for your words!Or should I say Sharing Gods word!