Sunday, December 6, 2009

Who's To Blame?

"The mistake (of condemning others though guilty themselves) is committed by all who are outside of Christ; for, while the righteous (true believers) make it a point to accuse themselves in thought, word and deed, the unrighteous (unbelievers) make it a point always to accuse and judge others, at least in their hearts. For this (fact) there is an explanation. The righteous (always) try to see their own faults and overlook those of others. Again, they are eager to recognize the good things in others and to disregard those of their own. On the other hand, the unrighteous look for good in themselves and for evil in others." - Martin Luther, "Commentary on Romans," pg. 52.

Christians should not be finger pointers. A Christian should not say, "It's your fault, Mr. President, that our nation's economy is plunging," rather, "I'm the reason for this recession. Oh Lord, be merciful to me, a sinner. Forgive me of my greed and my unbelief, in which I trust in things rather than You, Jesus. Forgive me. Save me from myself."

"Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’ If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness..." - Isaiah 58:9.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im enjoyig your posts... will we get to see you guys at Christmas??? Love y'all!!!
Cyle